Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Have you ever used Google Arts & Culture? I thought traditional art would be a wonderful way to get some culture into the language classroom. Here is my Google presentation on the kind of project I'm thinking about doing. I chose this because I have a lot of students who are into Japanese Pop-Art. I'm wondering how much they know about traditional art. We have done manga, watched the history of anime in a 6 part series on YouTube. Now it's time to sink our teeth into the past. The Japanese I would like the students to use:

What これは ~ です。

Who ~さん から はじまりました

Where ~ で まりました

When (#) ねん から (#) まで ~ を つくりました

Why ~ので。。。 だから。。。 その結果。。。

How ~ で ります。
  
*Vocab Focus:はじまります。つくります。 Past Form。 KANJI: 始・作

How do you bring tradition into the modern day classroom? What times of projects do you do? Do you follow Ruben Puentedura's SAMR method for bringing technology into the classroom? Do you think I reached the enhancement level? If not, what can I add?   

1 comment:

  1. This is such an authentic lesson. It also includes choice. Having one source for the resources is a good idea, helps eliminate some distractions and provides focus and good examples.

    ReplyDelete